Friday 16 May 2008

The Yoo Ess of Ay

Given six weeks to revise for exams and get some invaluable work experience I decided to waste three of them going to America. It's not somewhere I'd normally choose to visit, having already been a couple of times and preferring the wild and untrodden to the fast, cheap and built-up, but since my boyfriend is studying in Cambridge, Massachusetts for a year I don't have much of a say.

I stayed with him on the stunning Harvard campus for three weeks from which I explored Boston and its surrounds, took in the harbour and the Aquarium and saw whales and dolphins in the Atlantic Ocean.

In the evenings we experienced Boston's culture. We went to see Hot Chip at Paradise Rock Club, Indian classical music at the Boston Museum of Fine Art and ate at Top of the Hub, a restaurant at the top of a skyscraper in the middle of Boston, it has amazing panoramic views of the city.

One weekend we took a greyhound bus to New York, and got a bargainous last-minute deal on a 5th Avenue hotel and spent the weekend sight-seeing, shopping and eating. I love Brooklyn's music scene so I was so happy to get the chance to see Kevin Devine at the famous Music Hall of Williamsburg and ate the best pizza of my life in a nearby restaurant.

I was amazed at how much I enjoyed New York, it's bustling and overcrowded, but you really do feel like you're in the place where everything is happening.

Adieu,

Lynn

Tracks Senior Designer

No comments: